Funny how I write less now that I've been majoring in literature for the last three years. Maybe it's the constant exposure to mind-blowing poetry and prose that's been keeping me from writing -- it's that feeling of defeat upon knowing that no, I'll be never as good as these women, and no, my professors will just take a glance at my story and throw it in the trash. But that's the beauty of the Internet, I suppose. What I'm writing is crap, no doubt, but there'll be someone who'll read it no matter what he/she thinks, and anyway, only I can do any deleting. :)
So that's what the narrator in my head has been saying: to write about going back to writing. Yeah, I sound like a schizophrenic having to admit that. But it's about time I answer it back. #
* A long footnote on my resolutions:
1. To write more. Discussed at length. Also, I have a couple of ideas brewing in my head and I want to put them down, probably make some money out of them if I can pull them off. Oh, and I want to do it before I start studying for my comprehensive exams.
2. To read more. Target: at least 30 books, including my required readings for said comps. Current read: The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, a really strange story. Up to now I'm still not sure what it's about...
3. To run more. In August, I was able to run 10 kilometers at 1 hour 10 minutes; now, after months of inactivity and a bout of bronchitis, I can't run 5k without stopping at least twice. I'm aiming for 21k by June.
4. To take lots of pictures. Just so my camera won't go to waste, as it cost my mom quite a few dinars. And I'll be traveling a lot this year, I think, c/o my family, so apart from R&R I'm also looking forward to practicing my camera skillz. ;)
5. To watch plays and musicals. I let quite a lot of them go in 2010, except of course for the brilliant Equus!
6. To spend less. Yes, because I've been rather spendthrift last year. I have so many books I haven't read yet, I bought quite a lot of non-tiangge clothes, and I bought a netbook and an iPod Touch! Not that I regret any of it, but now I pretty much have all that I need. And I need a bit of moolah this year. So there.